"May the odds be ever in your favor."- Effie Trinket

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Countdown: Day 6, 22 days left!! CHALLENGE

OKay folks!! This is SO much different then what I have EVER done on my blog!! I am assigning a CHALLENGE!!! You have until December 20th to memorize the first four paragraphs of The Night Before Christmas poem:Twas the Night before Christmas Poem
Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tinny reindeer.
When you are done memorizing it, get a video of it and either send it to me(via email:addy@addelynn.com) or recite it to me in person(maybe at school) and I will get a video of it.
THE WINNER: The person who can memorize these four paragraphs and recite them to me will get a full post on my blog about how great they are!;-) BONUS: If you are really competitve and want to go for the extra oomph that might make you win you can 1. Memorize more of the poem or 2. get it done BEFORE the deadline!!! I wish everybody luck and I want to see those videos start to roll in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment